Saturday, May 28, 2011

Why Does Everyone Seem a Bit Nuts? 5/27/11

Woke up to some shitty news…Gil Scott-Heron has died. “You will not be able to stay home brothas…”

NEWS & CURRENT EVENTS

Did anyone watch President Barack Obama’s speech in Ireland on Monday? Because I still can’t stop thinking about it. They treated him like he was an American rock star, not a head of state. The reception this man gets in the rest of the world is the greatest I have ever seen in my life. The minute he said “Hello Ireland,” the crowd exploded in wild cheers. I thought it was Steven Tyler about to break into “Walk This Way” or “Sweet Emotion.” And even more compelling was how the usual clouds that cover the Emerald Isle parted and the sun came out the minute he started talking. I am serious, YouTube it and you will see. For someone who is considered by some religious nuts in his own country to be the Anti-Christ, he certainly has nature on his side and is loved everywhere else.

So I’m watching CNN and the ticker read “George W Bush Finally Breaks His Silence on the Events of the Middle East.” Finally? Really? How about that retard stay silent on every issue, every time? He does a lot better getting out of the way of foul balls at Texas Rangers games. Serioiusly asking GW Bush's opinion on the Middle East is like asking a serial killer like Ted Bundy how cute his victims were.

Even though I would love to celebrate this a bit more, let me just say that it’s been a bad 4 weeks for terrorist assholes. Osama Bin Laden, and the capture of Bernard Munyagishari, a Hutu asshole responsible for genocide in Rwanda, and then there is the capture of Serbian asshole Ratko Mladic, also responsible for the genocide during the Bosnian Wars. Serbia has had the audacity to say that he is harmless because he has had three strokes. I say, I don’t give a shit if he is drooling in a wheelchair and asking for his mama, he must be brought to justice. Let’s just hope that the Hague doesn’t take a few decades dragging thier feet only to have the defendant eventually drop dead while awaiting trial like they did with Milosevic.

SPORTS

I really am into the NBA Playoffs more so than I have been in a long time. I’m rooting for Dallas and I was hoping the Chicago Bulls would play them in the Finals but it didn’t turn out that way. Still, Dirk Nowitzki is finally getting the credit he deserves, and I would love to see Jason Kidd win a ring.

Did someone put some type of moron juice in Scottie Pippen’s coffee yesterday morning? Is he still that bitter and sad about playing second fiddle to Michael Jordan all those years that he had the audacity to spew that he thinks LeBron James is a better player? If “Da’ Pip” really believes that James was a more complete player than Jordan, then he agrees with what I have been saying for years, the best player in the NBA was Ervin “Magic” Johnson. So let’s just end this now...LeBron James will never, ever, be a better player than Jordan. Ever. The basketball Gods have spoken…

ASSHOLE OF THE WEEK

This award goes to Mitt Romney, and for the first time ever, I have no idea why. In a fund raising stop in Chicago, Romney decided to stop at a local pizza place. He ordered some food and decided to send the leftovers to the Obama re-election headquarters. Ok if anyone can tell me why this is funny or what it actually means, I would appreciate it. Or is he just batshit? For now I’m going with batshit.

No comments:

Post a Comment