Thursday, April 28, 2011

I'm Glad To See Someone Is Doing Well 4/28/11

NEWS & CURRENT EVENTS

When Barack Obama finally released his original birth certificate yesterday, my first thought to myself was ”great…the brilliant man yet lousy negotiator is at it again, appeasing the idiots who actually question his birth after he already produced proof in the short form certificate.” Let me give you an example…If I showed you my driver’s license, the same license I have had for 17 years, would you now demand written proof that I passed the road test in the form of a receipt that I got on the day of the exam? So I continued to let this bother me until I realized how brilliant this move was.
The White House could have released the original birth certificate years ago and ended this once and for all, until they saw how this ridiculous non-issue was actually dividing the Republican Party. You actually had conservative nit-wits so terrified of the big black president that they gave this lunacy momentum.
So The White House simply laid back and let the idiots fight amongst themselves, and even got the most vocal and popular “non-candidate” in the Republican Party, Donald Trump, to make a complete ass out of both himself, and the squirrel he wears on his head. Then once Trump got to New Hampshire, he gave this angry speech where he did all he could to back pedal on the birth certificate issue and now wants to say that Obama wasn’t a good student at Columbia or Harvard and now wants Obama to release his grades. I guess he will be wanting to give Obama a prostate exam as well.
At the end of it all, Obama simply gave them all, not just the maniacal teabaggers, but mainstream Republicans who used the cop-out line “it’s not my personal opinion, but I will let people decide for themselves whether or not he was born here,” enough rope to hang themselves. Now they all look stupid, and only a year before election time too, what a coincidence. Wow...I never thought I would live to see the day where Obama played so dirty he “out-Clintoned” the Clintons.

At last count, and I'm positive this number will increase, 280 people were killed in Alabama today in the wake of a devastating storm. President Obama has already coordinated a federal response,declared a disaster area, and plans to be there tomorrow. I wonder if southerners are missing George W Bush and his Katrina policy now?

SPORTS

All eyes are on the NFL Draft tonight, but if there is no season, what will it matter? I for one am so excited about ESPN’s 18,243,708,917 hours of live coverage I just might miss the Royal Wedding. Speaking of which, I think that Phillipa Middleton is twice as hot as her big sister.

Roger Godell is a competent executive and an intelligent man, which is why I can’t believe that he is so unwilling to support putting his product out on to the field. And although I acknowledge that ultimately, his client is the National Football League and he is charged with acting within its best interest, I cannot see any scenario where not having a season is in the best interest of his client. I also cannot see how NFL owners can look at something that they already make a huge profit on, and wish to shut it down in order to take a bigger piece of the pie from the men who are actually out on the field risking injury and playing the game. Good thing Judge Susan Richard Nelson agrees with me, and decided to end this ridiculous lockout by way of court ordered injunction. The injunction was properly given by all legal standards and will be upheld on appeal. Let’s hope the 8th Circuit sees reason. It’s nice to see that not all Federal Courts are puppets of corporate greed…right Justice Scalia?

THIS WEEK’S REASON WHY TERRORISTS WANNA KILL US

Nice to know that while gas prices in the United States are now over $4 a gallon, Exxon made $11 billion in this first quarter alone. Nice to see someone finally doing well in this economy.
In keeping with the royal theme, does anyone know why there are no lineal descendants of the French royal family? They imploded in their own decadence and were all beheaded by angry revolutionaries. I’m not a huge fan of the French, but maybe they are on to something with this whole “let’s behead those who prey on ordinary people” thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment